Friday, February 18, 2011

My TAC

Well, I am back from Chicago and my TAC is in!!!  I want to thank everyone for all the prayers, support, and words of encouragement. 

The day and hours leading up to the surgery we're so hectic, I didn't have time to think about everything which was about to happen....

First, I decided to make a last minute road trip with family, Sunday morning.  Yes DH and I we're flying out Sunday evening at 6...but I thought what the heck!!!  So we made a 3 hour road trip to East Texas, spent a couple of hours with other family, and then we headed back to the metroplex.  I had just enough time to grab my bag, my coat, DH, and then head out the door.

Second, we are getting out the car and I notice DH has a runny nose.  So I immediately ask, do you have a cold.  His respond is "I think so".  We continue on into the airport where I have a wheel chair waiting on me, board, change planes in Houston....and DH says "I feel like crap".

Third, by the time we land in Chicago, DH is sick from head to toe.  By the time we get in bed its 1 a.m. and our alarm goes off at 4....we have to be at the hospital at 5:30....still no time to think....until we hit the waiting room.

The waiting room brought all my emotions up front and I began to cry the biggest tears.  I feel Tiffany and Elizabeth with me, I feel all the prayers of family and friends, and I feel all the heartache I have endured over the last 2 years.

An hour and a half later, the TAC is done. By 1pm we are headed to the room.  They soon bring DH in a bed and we both sleep until 7am!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment