Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We're ready for a family

In April 2004, hubby and I decided we we're ready to start a family.  We had been married 2 years, had purchased our first home, and we both had good career jobs.

How exciting...a new chapter, a new beginning, a new baby!!! 

WOW....I didn't know that decision would take us on a  long, twisted journey full of detours. The journey has been so long that, I have to sit back and think about all the details.

Month after month, we tried and failed.  Not understanding, why we we're not able to get pregnant.  I knew what it took, I knew how to count my days for ovulation, I knew how to find the "window of opportunity"...but we couldn't get pregnant.  After 6 months of trying, we decided to seek professional help.  I was immediately told I wasn't ovulating and placed on clomid.  Clomid makes you feel as though you are going through the "change" with hot flashes and mood swings!!!!

After several months of being on Clomid, we still we're unable to get pregnant so we continued the Clomid along with the Follistim injections.  I thought the Clomid was bad, but with the Follistim injections, I felt like a crazy woman month after month.  Towards the end of 2005, we found help through a Reproductive Endocrinologist.  He found out through exploratory surgery, I had endometriosis fibroids, poly cystic ovaries, and both tubes we completely blocked.  WOW

This was only the beginning of this journey called grief!

No comments:

Post a Comment