Sunday, October 16, 2011

How is everyone?

I have been so preoccupied with "stuff" that I have slacked off with my post.  I promise to do better.

I know that several have had POSITIVE test and others are still hoping and waiting. 

My minister preached today about not giving up on GOD....life can be difficult and hard but you cannot give up on GOD.  If you are still here and you have breath in your body, then there is always hope.  Hope is only as far as you can see...if you dont or cant see yourself and your dreams beyond today or tomorrow, then how can hope "trully" live within you?

I thought all of us could get something from this message!

I know personally, after I lost Elizabeth, I wanted to give up.  I wanted to roll over and die.  I wanted to be like the woman in I Kings 18...who waited on death to come.  But then my DH said to me, "if I lose you and the girls, where does that leave me, what am I going to do without you?"  When he said that I realized I could not leave my husband, broken from every area of his soul.  He first watched his children die and then his wife...I could not do that to him. 

So we prayed everyday that God would help us deal with our pain ....we continue to hope everyday for a rainbow....because we are looking beyond today and tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. praying for you guys too...I know it's been a long journey for you both. I love what your minister preached - it's very powerful just when we feel like we lost our last breath.

    ReplyDelete